"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this:

to look after orphans and widows in their distress..." James 1:27

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Time...don't go so fast!

"Time...where did you go? Why did you leave me here...alone? Wait...don't go so fast! I'm missing the moments as they pass!" Time by Chantal Kreviazuk

Sooo...this statement pretty much sums up the way I feel right now. Everything seems to happen so fast, and then it tends to fade away into some blurry memory that I vaguely remember. Where has the time gone? Faith has lived with me for almost 9 months now. That can't be right...so I count on my fingers (yes on my fingers) just to make sure. Yep, we are going on nine months now, and I barely remember them at all. Nine months, she has been a part of our family for nine months, but yet it was just yesterday when this young broken girl stormed into my comfortable little world and made it a little less comfortable...and much more loud!

Faith was such a different person when I first met her. Life had mistreated her for so long, and it was evident in her personality. But now, she is changed. She smiles all the time. She laughs and jokes and acts like a kid. She has love in her heart for Jesus and for others and for me and my family. She has turned into a helper and a giver. She still loves to receive FOR SURE, but she loves to give now! God has worked a miracle in this child, and it needs to be acknowledged. He has answered my prayers so clearly. He has answered the prayers of my friends and family who have prayed with me for her. Thank you to everyone who prays for us! God is listening to you!

Please continue to pray because our journey is still long with many obstacles, some of which we are dealing with now. Some of which I can not help her with, and most of which I have no control over. She is not strong enough to handle this on her own, although she thinks she is. Pray that she will continue to trust in God and lean on Him now matter where she is or what she must go through or face! Pray that she is reminded everyday how special she is and how much God loves her!

My sweet new sister in law posted the below verses as her facebook status. Yes, I have a new sister. A lot has transpired since my last post. By the way, she is another answered prayer because I have prayed and begged for a sister pretty much since the beginning of my existence, and now I have one. Her name is Jessie Marshall Kilpatrick, and she is wonderful and beautiful and Godly and as perfect as any imperfect human can be. I love her and her family. My brother Josh has found his soul mate and earthly love. Another answered prayer! Wow...how blessed am I and my family! Thank you God...I do not think I say this enough to YOU! Just Thank You...nothing else!

Anyway, back to the verses:

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything...Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1: 2-4, 12

We are facing trials. Faith is facing trials. Please pray that she (and I) will handle them with faith and that she (and I) will persevere so that she will be blessed beyond her imagination!

Thank you and God bless!!!!!!!!!

Until next time...

Taryn

No comments:

Post a Comment